Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday night musings...

My darling child decided this morning that 4 am was the time he was going to wake up, and nothing was going to change his mind! Not even a cuddle with Mummy on the sofa, a rattly-chewy thing, Mummy's hand (to chew on), not one single thing! 4 am it was! Followed quickly by breakfast please! Mummy! Breakfast! MUMMY! BREAKFAST! MMMMUUMMMMMMMMMMMYYYY!!

So we had some delicious rice cereal with bananas, which improved wee V's mood immensely. Followed by our new favorite game of "Look! I can sit up by myself(with only a little, just a little help from my Mummy/Daddy).

Followed by M dressing V, the end result of which is the most entertaining thing. M seems to favorite a "no socks, basketball shorts (orange) w/random animal onesie" approach to dressing V, so he always looks like he getting ready for the big game at a wildlife preserve. (Note to self: need headband for V to complete sports look).

Anyways, Friday is always the longest day, and so the sofa is extra comfortable on this particular night. The mind feels relaxed and open for some sweet ramblings....

Random things I saw this week on the side of the road....

* a leftie rubber boot
* a mattress
* someones missing fake leg
* a prostitute

Favorite quote of the week:
"I love how you're workin' that chain..." (ANTM)

I continuously feel annoyed by peoples spelling and grammar errors (except for my own, then I just feel disgusted).

I am currently wondering why it seems like women portrayed in the media recently seem more and more like sex objects then anything else. It seems like TV is a never ending stream of bra commercials (which I find about as entertaining as tampon/pad ads). While exercise on stripper-poles may indeed work 'those muscles you never knew you had', the idea of exercising on a pole makes me feel objectified. And then I churlishly wonder why there are never any men in those adverts!?! Don't they want to work those muscles? And at the same time learn some new moves? It's hard for me to articulate how annoyed this makes me feel.

I might be in love with David Tennant. You know, that actor who plays the 'new' Dr Who?? I love him. And I love Dr Who.

I also love sleep, sleep which I need to embrace now.
I love sleep almost as much as I love David Tennant.
Which is a lot apparently....

0 comments: