Sunday, February 22, 2009

Photo tag!

This was passed on to me from Jenna at The Working Mom Experience , and even though I have no-one to tag (expect her) I am posting it anyways, just for fun...

***Rules***
1. Go to your Picture Folder on your computer or wherever you store your pictures.
2. Go to the 6th Folder and then pick the 6th Picture.
3. Post it on your blog and tell the story that goes with the picture.
4. Tag 5 other glorious peoples to do the same thing and leave a comment on their blog telling them about it.


So here it is!


This is from some little town, which I think was called Tenryugawa, in Japan.....waaaay back in 2002.

The back story.....
M and I both lived in Japan for about 3 years, teaching English and were actually neighbours and co-workers during that time. I arrived in the fall of 2001 and he arrived in January of 2002, we worked at the same school, and lived in this teeny rundown apartment building on the 2nd floor. At the point that this picture was taken (by M), his Dad was visiting him from Florida and you can even see him (by the tree in the middle) and me too (over on the right), and M and I were not dating. We were just friends. Friends who spent rather a lot of time with each other. Oh, like every night.

We took his dad in our tiny school car out into the hills of this little village, to this temple that M had found that summer. It was Momi-ji season (which is the season for viewing the beautiful Japanese Maple tree leaves), and as you can see they are glorious. Almost like they are on fire... I had never seen anything like it before.

So we went walking around, up and down these funny steep stairs, with these brilliant trees all around us in November of 2002.

And about 3 weeks later M and I were dating (although everyone thought we were anyways, so it came as no big surprise to anyone).

And we have been together ever since!

*cue 'oooohs' and 'aaahhhhs'*

Thanks Jenna for tagging me in this fun game. It's kinda neat to revisit pictures like this.... one of these days I should post some more Japan pictures and the stories that go along with them...

1 comments:

Jenna said...

I would love to hear more about Japan! My husband and I have always wanted to see that part of the world. Thanks for posting!