Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bloody noses (and crocheting)

Sadly enough I am starting another craft project.

Not that I have actually finished the blanket I was working on or anything.... I am just having problems with it. So instead of starting over with it, I am putting it aside for the time being and starting completely over with brand new yarn (but the exact same pattern).

This is my M.O.

I feel guilty about giving up, so I don't..... I put it 'on hold' and move on to something else. I really do mean to come back to it (I love the colours in the last project).

Anyways, so I am trying a thinner yarn, a smaller crochet hook but am still using the same pattern which is called "Waves" and looks like it will be quite pretty when it's done.

I really will finish this one...... for real.

Anyways, so that was one of our errands today, running to Michael's and picking out some new yarn with V. My colour choice was partially decided by the ball of wool V grabbed and stuffed in his mouth.

Anyways, after all of this craftiness we swung by Gramma and Pop-pop's for a little visit.

V loves playing at their house, probably because it's so much bigger than our apartment, and more people pay attention to him.

He was playing away on the floor and somehow slipped and fell, banging his face on the hard tile floor.

Instant screams and sad little boy face. Tears streaming. Gramma reached him first, grabbed him and instantly soothed him (he loves his Gramma) with this lovely Italianism "Do you want a cookie??". It worked, he got a treat and everything was fine.... He is soooo his daddy's boy!

He was munching away on his little treat, when I noticed that it had turned pink... which was odd, since there was no reason it should have. And that's when I realized that it was blood.

He must have hit his nose when he fell, and with a closer look I realized that there was a smudged trickle of blood on his upper lip. Poor boo, his first accident.

M arrived soon after, I told him about the whole thing and his response was "Really??? Awesome!! His first accident!! Did you take a picture of the blood??"

Men.....

0 comments: