Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mad skills


Yesterday morning I went to check the mail while walking Chewie and carrying V. M was not awake yet (sleeping off the 18 hour day he had finished a few hours before).

For some reason I really get my kicks out of checking the mailbox. I love getting letters, really of any sort. At our last apartment for some reason we only had one mail key (why we never got another one, I will never know), but I would literally fight M for it, wrestle it out of his fingers and dash down the 2 flights of stairs (we lived on the 3rd floor) in my joyous anticipation of checking out mailbox.

Now this was early in my days of living in Florida, and so I usually would have a delightful card/little package/something lovely in that box from Canada waiting for me. How terribly exciting it was to check the mail!

So my hands full with V and Chewie's leash, I unlock our mailbox and reach in... It's stuffed full! Mostly circulars, a few bills, the latest US magazine and a tubular package about 12 inches long.... Just seeing it peeking out of my mailbox got me all excited (tubular things do that to me), so I took it out (it took me about 3 minutes to write those 5 words... I erased 'pulled it out' and then giggled for the remaining 2:50 seconds) and saw that it was addressed to me. Well, it was sort of addressed to me.

Actually it was addressed to 'Jaime McPhooferpantsbum Melvin'. For real.

Oh, that husband of mine. He thinks he's so funny. I should have known that this was coming when I received that tutorial DVD on 'How to Iron' addressed to Jaime McPooter Melvin. I know how to iron, thank you very much.

So, home I went with V, leash, circulars, bills and the tube.

I unlocked the front door, deposited V in to his Jumparoo and went and got some scissors to open this silly package.

A set of four plastic George Killian's Irish Red beer tasting glasses and an official 'Premium Lager' key chain that conveniently doubles as a bottle opener. Plus instructions on how to taste beer properly (to get your own beer tasting kit, click link above and check it out).

Hil-are-E-ous.

Well, now I know how to iron properly and can taste beer like a real man can (or whatever.... or whoever for that matter)

And M still thinks he is the funniest person ever.... and warned me that there might be more things to follow in the mail soon..... geez..... I hope he is a little more creative with the names!

2 comments:

Saanich Peninsula Pipe Band said...

OMG...I can't believe he has so much energy at the end of his week...he can think of the million ways to tease/annoy...or just generally crack you up...that he does...gotta love it!!

Jennifer's Morning Coffee Confessions said...

Just wanted to say thank you for the follow. By the way, I changed my blog address, it is no longer fingerprintsonthefridge, it's now
http://morningcoffeeconfessions.blogspot.com

Jen