Thursday, April 2, 2009

Love Affair


Still feeling the effects of Bikram on my poor body, I gave it a pass today and decided to go for a run instead.

I ran past the ducks, the hibiscus blossoms, the gator pond, the gang in blue tee-shirts on their BMX bikes, the golf course, turned around and ran past it all again.

As I pushed open the pedestrian gate of my apartment complex and hit the sidewalks of my community, I took a deep breath of the fresh spring air.

The scent of blossoms, fresh air and growing things clung to my skin like someone elses cologne. It was like I had just gotten back from a tryst with nature.

That's right...... I am having a love affair with Spring...

1 comments:

Saanich Peninsula Pipe Band said...

This is publishable!
If that's a word...a lovely little short that anyone would enjoy reading!