Sunday, March 22, 2009

Art fest

V slept in today until an almost unheard of time of 7:30. Delicious.
I can handle 7:30, no probs man.... that made this the best Sunday ever.

M was up early, and sort of well rested and we ended up at the Winter Park Art Festival.

I love Winter Park. It's this posh part of Central Florida, north of Orlando that has cobble stone streets, boutiques, endless coffee shops and this air of luxury about it. It just feels rich. It's practically tangible. It even has it's own train station (you can go from NYC to Winter Park, FL if you want....it'll cost ya though...)

I hadn't been before and so was kind of expecting a Sidney Sidewalk Sale plus evening market times Downtown Victoria Sunday market kind of feel.

Not really. Not really at all.

Super tanned wealthy-looking people everywhere. You know those people that look like they just stepped of a yacht? The women so carefully dressed in a casual 'I-just-threw-this-together-at-the-last-moment-seriously' kind of way. The men eying (is that really spelled right? looks so wrong) anything in a skirt/shorts/pants or that moves. Lots of navy blue, crisp white and careful gold accessories.

And the art! Geez! I mean, it was art!

It wasn't anything like this gorgeous piece of work (spotted a few weeks ago in Mt Dora).....

And it was all shockingly expensive. I had said to M as we were walking in "Let's buy something tacky!" and he had cautioned me that it could be kind of pricey but I was confident that we would find something awful. Perhaps painted in oils. And maybe even of a manatee. Awesome.

How disappointed I was to not see anything like that at all, but to see some rather mediocre photos going for "2 for $175!", like it was a bargain or something! No oil paintings of manatees anywhere. How disappointing is that!

Since M is currently standing over me with a full plate of food staring at me with no expression on his face (and I am in the bedroom typing with the lights off) this is a clear indication that I should go and have dinner with him before he loses it even further....
I thought I would leave you with what I was imagining we would find and hang in our livingroom.... Although I would really like to find this. So awesome.

1 comments:

Mr. F. McNeil said...

You are very clever