Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bikram

So on the way to visit my cousin at work on the weekend, I happened to drive past a yoga studio.

I have been looking for a nice place to do yoga at since forever. I actually really started looking while I was pregnant. I was set on prenatal yoga, something I was sure I would enjoy doing instead of running while I was expecting.

I Googled, I yellow-paged.... to no avail..... Of course there are yoga studios around town, but none near me. Most are in posh Winter Park, and there was no way I was driving there for yoga. Perhaps I live too close to Kissimmee? Yoga is not high on the list for people who live in Osceola county? Yoga is only for Canadians and hippies and there is not enough of either in this part of the USA?? Who knows.... I thought for sure there would be a nice little studio in Hunter's Creek, but no, there is not.

So no prenatal yoga happened, and I have been on the lookout since.

I was SO happy to drive by this place. I totally did a comical screech of the brakes, reversed, parked and hustled V in to check it out. We got the full tour. It was awesome.

So I decided I would actually check it out. I went this evening. Actually I just got back about an hour ago, and am tiiiiiiiirrrrrrrreeeeeedddd. But satisfied.

It's hot yoga, which I had never done before. I have taken plain old yoga before, but holy man was this awesome.

And hot.

Super hot. And Awesome. With a capital 'A'.

My muscles shook, sweat actually dripped off of me and puddled on my towel. I was soaked by the end of the class.... and so satisfied.

Satisfied like I ate a big bowl of icecream. I swear I could taste icecream in my mouth as I walked out of the studio.

And pleasantly surprised to find out that the class wasn't full of farting as well!

My wonderful cousin, when I called her this morning to invite her along with me, was interested in coming at first. Until she found out that it was hot yoga, and then she made some sort of comment like "I heard everyone farts during bikram yoga. No thanks. Have fun in your gassy class!" Awesome.

I heard no farting. It did get smelly though, but just the sweat I think?! Maybe everyone was 'releasing' some tension.

I am going again. I love it. Sweat is good. Heat is good. Sweat and heat while being all bendy, awesome.

0 comments: