Sunday, March 15, 2009

Caught!

I am tired.

So tired.

Unbelievably tired, in fact.....

V got up at 5:30 again (which he did on saturday morning as well). That coupled with the fact that he pretty much didn't take a a nap yesterday at all.... sigh....

He is such a funny sleeper. He always fusses before he goes to sleep. He fights it hard. There is no soothing rocking or stroking of the back..... all that does is make him more awake. He will literally go all day until he drops of exhaustion.

Yesterday on the way back from running an errand, he started to doze off in the car. I was literally 1 minutes from my apartment and excitedly thought about the short nap I would take too once I put him down in his crib. But that one minute power-nap apparently cleared him of any and all exhaustion as once in his crib, there was no sleeping going on at all. Lots of happy babbling, and when I peeked in on him he was standing in his crib.

Yes, that's right..... STANDING...

He just learned how to this week, perfected it yesterday and is now doing it non-stop. His little plump tush sticks out so far when he does it. Adorable!

So he is extra busy, and I am extra tired. And find myself watching Conspiracy Theory on TNT while V thumps away on his musical table, watching the dog roll around on that spot on the floor where V drooled.
Dogs are disgusting. And again, this movie is awful. I think 12 years ago when it came out, I really liked it.... but post-Mel Gibson drunken rage, every movie that he is in where he acts a little weird, I can't help but think that is his actual personality. And then I wonder why he's all critically acclaimed for his 2 most recent directing efforts. I mean, Apocalypto was good (and I haven't bothered with the other one) but seriously, the man is a total nutjob.

I have developed a new reflex based on 9 months of chronic spitting up. V was the spit up champ....A wet burp followed by a volcanic-like eruption. Lovely.

So recently I have caught myself cupping my hands under his mouth when I hear one of those wonderful noises. I think this is hilarious (or my early morning brain does anyways). I am actually trying to catch vomit. In my hand. An experience that I had earlier this morning. I wasn't even grossed out, not even a bit, I clearly have become immune to these sorts of things.

10 years ago, when I was clubbing it up, who would have thought that I would be up voluntarily at 5:30 am (instead of just heading to bed), catching someones vomit in my hand. Life is an interesting journey for sure, and right now I am loving the road I am traveling....

0 comments: