Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ocean

The tail end of a long weekend.... a long sleep deprived weekend.

Sleep........ delicious sleep..... I can only wish....

M and I went to Melbourne Beach , with V of course!
It was lovely... It's been at least a year since I have seen the ocean, which is just unbelievable. It was one of the things that I missed moving from the We(s)t Coast to Central Florida. I have never lived 'Central' before, and am unused to actually having to drive to get to the Ocean.

That's right, I capitalized it.

Sometimes it's just so mighty (like it was in my previous{ times 2} sentence) that it deserves it.

How lovely to see the ocean. I had forgotten what that sweet ocean air smells like, so salty and delicious. And the sand was so fine and soft under my bare feet. The wind whipped my hair around into a big ol'mess. I totally needed a scarf for my hair AND we needed to be in a convertible. AND I probably needed to be wearing some red hot lipstick (see previous post).

My feet felt the surf slide over them, the water foamed around my toes and M danced back at cold of that water (darn East coast)... I took a deep breath the first time it washed over though. But it felt so good...

We dipped V's little feet into that cool water and he shrieked! And clung to his Daddy so hard that someone would have needed a crowbar to pry him off.

It was almost like a baptism, in a West Coastish, East Coastish salt water mixture, soul of the Canadian sort of way. In a way, a kind of mixture of New York and Victoria mingling in the east coast water. In my mind that is....

I cannot wait to introduce him to those West Coast waterways. Have that cold and clear water of the North rush over those chubby and gorgeous little feet. Have them dip in and out of clear water on the Island, and get dirty on those sandy beaches on the West Coast.

1 comments:

Mr. F. McNeil said...

Aye...you have saltwater in yer veins matey